Cramping - positive beta
3 Replies
jmr67 - November 28

Dr. Jacobs - I am currently 19dp3dt. I had a positive beta of 179-11dp3dt and 380-13dp3dt. For the past 12 hours I have been having some pretty bad cramping but no bleeding. I took 2 tylenol and have some relief. My nurse just said to take it easy today and that sometimes cramping at this point is normal. Do you agree that it is normal? My first IVF I had something similar happen 16dp3dt (cramping no bleeding) but I did not miscarry until 5 weeks later and I had to take medication to force the miscarriage. Can you shed any light on the cramping issue and possible causes? Could I be headed for another miscarriage?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 29

There are too many possible causes of cramping, in your situation - including sore ovaries after IVF. I am a little concerned that your hCG did not quite double, but wait tosee what the ultrasound shows.
Good luck.

jmr67 - November 29

Thank you. The cramping finally stopped but I am still very bloated and tender. Maybe you misread my levels? They did double plus 22......however today at 20dp3dt my level is 3794 and I expected it to be around 4500. I read that once the hcg level reaches 1500 it could take up to 72 hours to double. Is this correct?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 30

The rate of rise does decline after about 6 to 8 weeks of pregnancy. Also, if you started with more than 1 implantation, if 1 droppped out, it would effect the rate of rise.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?