cramping after FET/IVF
3 Replies
Carroll 3509 - June 8

I am three days post-FET transfer and I have been experiencing uterine cramping all day like before my period. Similar cramping ocurred after my first IVF which resulted in a negative result. What is causing my cramping? If I have immunological issues, would this result in cramping sensation?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 9

Immunological issues are not likely to be the problem. Also, you may be having discomfort from your ovaries, If you are producing hCG, the remaining cyst from your stimulaion will be stimulated. I really have no way of knowing.
Good luck.

Carroll 3509 - June 9

Dr. Jacobs,
I do not know what you mean when you say that the "remaining cyst from my stimulation" could be producing HCG and possibly causing cramping. I was never informed that I had any cysts and did not think I had any stimulation of my follicles as this was a medicated frozen embryo transfer.

Would my IM progesterone and estrogen patches cause cramping? I was concerned becuase even though I have been taking the meds for some time prior to transfer, I never had any cramps until three days after my five-day-old embryo blastocyst trasnfer.

I feel nothing today by the way. thanks in advance for the info.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 10

My appologies. It was my error. In answering questions, I am frequently interrupted, and I overlooked the fact that yours was a frozen embryo transfer, and not a fresh transfer. We usually do not see uterine cramping related to embryo transfer, except at the time of transfer. Your cramping may be uterine, but bowel is a better probability.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?