Clots
1 Replies
ASN315 - August 25

Dr. Barry,

I have yet another problem! I started bleeding 2 days ago, and I had cramping and bright red blood. I thought I was M/C, but the RE said to monitor and I did, and it never soaked the entire pad so I went to RE yesterday and they saw a blood clot that was away from the embie and at bottom of uterus.

My regualr RE is on vacation, but the RE there said just take it easy. Is it ok if I take a baby aspirin? They had us stop baby asa when a heartbeat is detected, but it wouldn't hurt, would it? Do you think that in the meantime I could take the asa to help prevent small clots from forming or to dissolve that clot in my uterus?

Is there a test to see if I am one of those pregnant women who get clotting problems after pregnancy? Would it be ok as a precaution to just be on heparin? I go to a midwife/ob next week, but I am anxious to hear the answers to my ?'s because my nurse at RE couldn't really answer them. They seem to think that the clot will resolve itself, which I hope it does. I had bits of dark brown blood yesterday and this morning, which I am hoping is the clot.

Thanks again,
angela

B. Jacobs, M. D. - August 25

Your clots formed in your vagina, or possibly your uterus. The clotting problems you are asking about are clots in blood vessels. All we can do is watch and wait.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?