Chasing the proverbial pipe dream?
3 Replies
baby_dreams07 - May 17

Thank you in advance for reviewing my question.

Working on my 2nd iui. I have hypogonadotropism and apparently am severly estrogen anemic. (RE had me take the additional Estrace with the Vagifem for about 5 weeks before starting this 2nd cycle of meds because my lining was not thickening.)

RE has me on Estrace and Vagifem daily plus Menopur 75iu 3x daily and a baby aspirin. On day 5 of stims my E2 is only 100 with 4 follies on my left and 3 follies on my right. My lining is at 4.8.

Should I contine with this cycle or abandon? It seems that my E2 is much lower than what most women seem to have at this stage. Insurance covers none of my treatment and I want to feel like I am not just throwing my money away for a dream I am chasing. I should state that I will spend what it takes if the odds seem right, but not completely dismal. I would rather focus on adoption or other options then waste any more time.

Personal info: 28yr old female, dh 29 with high sperm count and daughter from previous relationship.

baby_dreams07 - May 17

By the way, I should state that my follies were too small to be measured. I don't think my RE measures any follicles under 2 or 3mm.

baby_dreams07 - May 17

[quote author=baby_dreams07 link=board=5;threadid=4179;start=0#35697 date=1179377521]
Thank you in advance for reviewing my question.

Working on my 2nd iui. I have hypogonadotropism and apparently am severly estrogen anemic. (RE had me take the additional Estrace with the Vagifem for about 5 weeks before starting this 2nd cycle of meds because my lining was not thickening.)

RE has me on Estrace and Vagifem daily plus Menopur 75iu 3x daily and a baby aspirin. On day 5 of stims my E2 is only 100 with 4 follies on my left and 3 follies on my right. My lining is at 4.8.

Should I contine with this cycle or abandon? It seems that my E2 is much lower than what most women seem to have at this stage. Insurance covers none of my treatment and I want to feel like I am not just throwing my money away for a dream I am chasing. I should state that I will spend what it takes if the odds seem right, but not completely dismal. I would rather focus on adoption or other options then waste any more time.

Personal info: 28yr old female, dh 29 with high sperm count and daughter from previous relationship.

[/quote]

Anyon
e
have any thoughts?? I am desperate to know if I am doing the "right" thing. Please help. Thank you!

B. Jacobs, M. D. - May 17

Without participating in your evaluation and care, I cannot provide meaninful advice. Estrogen does help sensitize the cells in the ovary to FSH. I cannot tell you how long it will take for your ovaries to respond, but with the right dose of Menopur, and perhaps some Bravelle, I would guess you will eventually respond.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?