cervical mucus
5 Replies
lenlance - November 30

Doctor i just wanted to ask what can cause EWCM 10-12days past ovulation? sometimes it has a yellow tint to it? or is this normal

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 30

Cervical mucus is secreted by glands that line the canal of the cervix. Production of the mucus you are describing is stimulated by estrogens. Estrogen levels are usually high at about cycle day 12. The yellow color is probably just an ageing effect.
Good luck.

bmm - December 4

Dr Jacobs,
Ive noticed I have lots of CM before, during and after ovulation. Is tis an indicator of too much estrogen? Can high estrogen levels effect egg quality? What CDs would you check estrogen levels? What is considered wnl?
Thank you for you time.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - December 4

I do not KNOW that you ovulated. It is possible to have high estrogen levels without ovulating. The cervical mucus does NOT mean ovulation - only high estrogen levels.

bmm - December 5

Dr Jacobs, thank you for your response. I have a follow up question. I have had several IUIs (natural, clomid, gonadatropins cycles) and have ovulated everytime based on the u/s & b/w. Ive always noticed EWCM before, during, and after ovulation (w/ both the medicated & non-medicated cycles). So I am assuming I have high estrogens levels. My question is, can high estrogen levels cause poor egg quality?
Thank you.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - December 5

In IVF cycles, if we have very rapid rise of estrogen levels or have very high estrogen levels, egg quality may be compromised. I doubt that has been your case.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?