blocked tubes
4 Replies
destinybaby - February 6

Hi Doctor,

Q. I just found out that my tubes are blocked with some fluid. My obgyn said that IVF is my only option. Is this true? Would I need to remove my tubes to have a successful pregnancy? Also, I am 34 years old and will be 35 in August is my success rate low because of my age with IVF. Thank you in advance for your help.

Tia

B. Jacobs, M. D. - February 9

If your tubes are blocked and filled with fluid, the linig of your tubes isdamaged. You need IVF to achieve a successful pregnancy. If you have a large amount of fluid in your tubes, it can interfere with embryo implantation.
Good luck.

destinybaby - February 22

Hi Dr. Jacobs,

Its been a few weeks. I did go se a RE and he mentioned that it would be very likely to have a successful pregnancy through IVF. My left tube hydrosalpinx he said its a small one and the right tube did not show on the pelvic sono but he said more likely that has hydrosalpinx as well abut smaller the left tube. He sees no reason for surgery.

The procedure he said that he would use is on the ER day he would also prick the tubes with the needle to release the fluid and this should be ok. and ET 36 hrs later.

Have you heard of this procedure being administered in IVF to achieve a successful pregnancy? Also my other concern is would the fluid come back and if I am 2 or 3 months preganat would the affect the baby?

Thanks in advance.

PS. my last AF was January 23 and today February 22nd no AF i am late (28 day cycle) could i be Pregnant?

Tia

B. Jacobs, M. D. - February 23

It is certainlly possible you are pregnant, but if you are pregnant, you are at risk for a tubal pregnancy. Find out SOON. Small hydorsalpinges may not create a problem for IVF, but the needle drainage does increase the probability they will refill. Once you are pregnant, it should not be an issue.
Good luck.

destinybaby - February 24

Hi Dr. Jacobs,\

Thank you for your advice. I still today 23/24th did not have AF as yet I will take a blood test tomorrow. No one else seem to think i could get pregnant because of my tubes.

my mind is at ease now that i know once i do get pregnant after the drainage of the fluid i need not worry.

Thanks again.

Tia :)

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?