block fallopian tube
9 Replies
lfriedman - May 17

Hi Dr.

i have one block fallopian tube and one healthy one can i still get pregant? i already done all the test from the specalist hsg, labascopy, blood work, etc... and how long does it take to get pregant with one healthy one? my husband sperm count is very high and healthy so i guess thats a plus.

thanks
lisa

B. Jacobs, M. D. - May 17

There are a few tests i do, which your physician may or may not do. There is much more to evaluating male factor issues than a sperm count. Please see the information I have provided on our web page, <www.texasfertility.com>. If you have 2 function ing ovaries, and 1good tube, your chance of pregnancy in any given cycle is half what it would be if you had 2 good tubes. Since there is an 85% to 90% potential for pregnancy in a year if a couple has no problems, it may take you 2 years, without medical assistance. If there are other problems, not known, it will take longer. With one bad tube, even with a "normal" remainig tube, it is possible to have tubal damage, which may increase you risk of tubal pregnancy.
Good luck.

pressious1979 - June 16

hi. i have 2 blocked fallopian tube. i had a laproscope, and the surgery to open them. i was gaurenteed 6 months. when i went back in 2 months to have an hsg they was closed again. surgery is another option for me but who wants to go through that again! i have a friend who did ivf and she is now pregnant so that may be a good option for you if you have that kind of money. bou me personally i want to keep my tubes. im to young to give them up. there is also clear passages witch does physical theropy to open tubes. they have a high susess rate. im thinking about doing it myself. im just tring to find some one else who done it before so i can get there imput on it. trust me your chances of getting pregnant are better then mine. it is a hard road especially since my sister and brother just had babies, and my 2 cousions are both pregnant. just keep you head up. if you have any questions i will help the best way i can. thanks!

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 16

If you have already had failed surgery to open your tubes, you need IVF. Since your tubes are damaged, even if they were open, you are at risk for a tubal pregnancy.

pressious1979 - June 21

yes i had the surgery and it wasnt a susess. but ivf is so costly. and with that theres always a rick of multiple births, and i gotta give up my female organs that theres nothing wrong with

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 21

The most expensive treatment is the one that does not work.

sashasock - June 22

Hello
I have had several miscarriages and 2 ectopic. I recently have had many recurrent miscarriage tests. I have 1 blocked tube, tested positive for MTHFR and APA, had a fair FHS level of 9.6. I have had a successful pregnancy 2 years ago. With this many issues, what are my chances of having a successful pregnancy if I choose to start all the meds and hormones?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 22

With proper management, you may have a reasonable chance for a successful pregnancy. Without evaluating you, I have no way to determine what would be optimal management, or your chances of success.
Good luck.

queent - June 27

Hi

My right fallopian tube is block, my left one is open, but I do not if it's healthy. What are the chances of it being ok? Also I'm considering having a laparoscope to unblock the right tube; I’m also worried my chances of having ectopic pregnancies will increase

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 27

If you blocked tube ws damaged by infection, you other tube is probably damaged, too. In that case, you are at risk for a tubal pregnancy, even with "open" tubes. You may need IVF.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?