Bleeding after BFP
8 Replies
lmr69 - November 19

I am a nervous wreck. My ET was on November 3
11/15 Beta#1 54
11/17 Beta #2 142
11/18 bleeding and cramping
11/19 Beta 260
I am still bleeding and cramping. But my beta went up today. How likely and I to miscarry with this sort of situation??

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 19

There is no way to determine, for sure, if your pregnancy is good, at this time. Your hCG level more than doubled in the first 48 hours. It did not quite double between the second 2 assays. You may still have a good pregnancy. It is possible you had 2 implantations, and only 1 has survived.
Good luck.

lmr69 - November 20

Thanks for you reply.
This is day #3 of bleeding. The last 2 days I would have called it more spotting, today more active type bleeding. Still not enough to fill a pad or anything. Barely cramping at all. RE says another beta in the AM. Says it is still to early to scan me. My 2nd beta was at 45 1/2 hours due to the bleeding. Maybe that is why it did not quite double. When is the earliest to see something on an US. My ER was 10/29. Day 5 transfer

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 21

Do not expect to see a fetal heart until 5 to 6 weeks after transfer.
Good luck.

lmr69 - November 21

So I had Beta # 4 done today. It was 500.4 My others were.
11/15 Beta#1 54
11/17 Beta #2 142
11/18 bleeding and cramping
11/19 Beta 260
I am still bleeding, bright red and slight cramps. My RE still says it is too early to scan me. Doesn't want to do anything until Monday 11/26 where we will do another beta, he said if it is 2000 or more he will be okay with that.
How likely is it that I may have blighted ovum??

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 22

There is always the risk of the pregnancy not being good, whether it was an egg problem or a sperm problem. Hopefully it will be OK. I know, waiting is tough, but it is all you can do.
Good luck.

lmr69 - November 28

Unfortunealty this pregnancy is not working. My levels have stopped doubling, My last 4 have been 500, 1150, 1660 and 2198 today. US showed nothing in the uterus on Mon. Prog levels have all been fine.
RE is talking about methotrexate on Fri if my levels don't start on a downward trend.
Are there any immediate side effects with methotrexate?? I am just wondering how I am going to feel over the weekend if I get the shot on Friday??

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 28

You will probably be OK, but ask your RE. In part, the symptoms will depend on the dosage and protocol.
Good luck.

sara1221 - December 1

I am so sorry for your loss. I had pretty much the exact thing happen to me. They found the pregnancy in my tube and I had metho. The only thing I will say is it took 3 months for my numbers to go back down to zero. I had to have blood tests every week until they were zero. It was hard to do, but I felt it was cheaper than surgery. I did not have any side effects. My sister had metho as well and she felt really tired. I also had headaches for 3 months from the shot. Hope this helps.

Sara

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?