blastocyst implantation
3 Replies
ASN315 - July 27

Dr.,
I had a 5day transfer on July 22, and I had no cramping or bleeding during that transfer. On July 14th, my uterine lining was at 13.6mm. I had a grade 2bb blast and a 3 [don't know letter] blast transferred. It is now 5 days past the 5 day transfer. I tested early yesterday morning with a HPT and got BFN. Is it too early to test? I have decided not to HPT anymore. Is it possible that my blasts are implanting very slowly because my lining is thick? Do I have any hope?

Also this was my one and only cycle via insurance. I had 10 eggs retrieved at age 35. DH has low motility since he is on psychotrophic drugs. I have PCOS. My protocol was 10 units of lupron the first then decreased to 5 units. I was first on 150 units of Gonal-F with 75 units Repronex then later on 225 units of Gonal-F. Out of the 10 eggs, 8 were mature after 10 days of stims. Then out of the 8 eggs, 6 fertilized. 5 out of 6 made it to 5 day blasts. 2 were transferred and the other 3 didn't make it to 8 days and no freezing. What are my chances of being accepted into the shared risk program? Do you think I had a good response ?

Thanks,
angela

B. Jacobs, M. D. - July 27

It may have been too early to do a urine pregnancy test. Wait 2 weeks after retrieval to get a test done. I do not do "shared risk". After looking at all the schemes, the program really does not assume much risk. Either they require a lot of extra testing, or require you pay in advance for more than 1 cycle, and the price is no bargain. In a propperly selcted population, you should get at least an 80% pregnancy rate within 3 IVF cyles. If you only need 1 or 2, and paid for 3, that is not a real benefit.
Good luck.

ASN315 - August 10

Hi Dr,
Just wanted to update you that I got a BFP despite the BFN on 9dpo. I will never test early again. I went into my beta blood test, thinking I was going to get my BFN and I was excited to think about stopping the progesterone shots, and instead I got the best surprise of my life!

Thanks,
Angela

B. Jacobs, M. D. - August 11

COPNGRATULATIONS!

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?