Beta #'s
4 Replies
Jade - April 27

I had my 1st beta last Saturday (11 dpo). It came back at 50. I repeated 48 hours later (13 dpo) and it was 125, progest. was 22. Today I went in for my last one (17 dpo) and it was 709, but my progest went down to 11.4. (512 would have been beta doubling- so it clearly doubled) I thought it was good, but he wanted me to repeat again next Tuesday because he thinks my numbers are too low. I ususally have a 16 day lutual phase and I took 5 mg of femara this cycle. Do you think that these numbers are low and I should be concerned?
Thanks for you help!

B. Jacobs, M. D. - April 28

If your hCG level is at least doubling every 48 hours, it is very encouraging. I would like to see a progesterone of at least 20 ng/ml. That can be improved by using progesterone supplement.
Good luck.

Jade - May 1

Dr. Jacobs~
I went back for more bloodwork today and my progesterone increased from 11 to 18 since 4/27. BUT my beta should have been around 2800 and it was only at 2587. My RE didn't seem too concerned, but wants me back in next week for more bloodwork. Is it okay that the numbers didn't exactly double, but were close? Should I now be concerned with my beta?

Jade - May 1

Dr. Jacobs~
I went back for more bloodwork today and my progesterone increased from 11 to 18 since 4/27. BUT my beta should have been around 2800 and it was only at 2587. My RE didn't seem too concerned, but wants me back in next week for more bloodwork. Is it okay that the numbers didn't exactly double, but were close? Should I now be concerned with my beta?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - May 2

There is no guarantee of good if it doubles, and no guarantee if it only almost doubles. Please follow the advice of your RE. Since he/she is the one providing your care, that is who needs to provide specific medical advice.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?