beta level
3 Replies
jneary - April 8

Hi Dr. Jacobs
I went in for my beta test 11 days post transfer (3 day transfer). My beta was 6, progesterone 21, estradiol 25. They wanted me to start estradiol and increase my progesterone suppositories. In my opinion, these results are basically negative. What interpretation do you have?

Thanks,
Jenn

B. Jacobs, M. D. - April 8

A progesterone of 20 ng/ml is adequate for an early pregnancy. Your hCG level is essentially negative. If you were my patient, and wanted to repeat it next week "to be sure", I would not object. I am sorry, but I do not think it worked, this time.
Good luck.

Red - May 9

Good morning! I've never participated in a forum but felt just reading some of the posts has been helpful. DH and I have tried a few cycles of IVF and are awaiting our beta test. Unfortunately, the results were similar in that my HCG was 7, estrogen 201, and progesterone 27.9. Didn't sound very reassuring. What is usually recommended after these negative results in regard to another cycle? Thanks.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - May 10

The data published in the professional literature indicate that if a treatment protocol does not work in the first 3 to 4 cycles, it probably will not. It is possible that there is some suble issue which has not been addressed in the IVF protocol you have used. It is always reasonable to seek a fresh perspective.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?