baseline appointment
3 Replies
sblanton2 - January 10

Dr. Jacobs,
I had my baseline appointment yesterday, this is my first cycle, and I guess I am a little confused about a few things. Can you help me understand?
1. When the doctor performed my sonogram she told me I had beautiful ovaries. She found 9 follicles on one side and quit counting after 12 on the other. She said the RE had predicted I would be a good responder, good news right, my question is why would they have me on the microdose protocol if they think I will be a good responder?
2. She said my uterine lining was 8 mm which she said was a little thicker then she wanted right now. I took BCP's for 24 days prior to my baseline and I am due to start a period anytime. I thought the fact that I create a fluffy lining was a good thing, do I need to be worried? I start my Lupron on 1/11, and then my repronex and gonal F on the 12th. Any thoughts?

Thank you,
Sylvia Blanton

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - January 11

I do not know what protocol your RE is using. I speculte that your protocol may be based on age, as opposed to follicle count.
Good luck.

sblanton2 - January 11

Dear Sir,
What about the uterine lining, is there a problem with it being 8mm at this stage? Thank you.

Sylvia Blanton

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - January 11

On cycle day 3, the endometrium is usually less than 7 mm thick. I have seen no data implying that a thicker endometrium on day 3 is a problem.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?