Babyaspirin
2 Replies
Puttenas - April 10

Dear Dr. jacobs.

I am going through eggdonation right now, waiting to have transfer about the 20th this month.

I have this Prothrombin Gene Mutation heterozegeous and I was told to start LMWH ( here in Denmark called Innohep, prescribed from the Hospital) now when I started the Estrace patches because for the risk for clottings...

I have also started with babyaspirin as well( told by the clinic abroad where I am treated) but I am not quite sure if this is a good idea... Will my blood be "too thin" and is there a risk of miscarriage for taking babyaspirin. Before this I have two miscarriages in the 17th and 26th week of pregnancy, before they found out, I have this bloodclotting disorder, and I have been thinking that maybe the babyaspirin which I have been taking in both pregnancies had a bad effect?? They could not find a reason the second time I miscaariage - the first time they found bloodclottings in my placenta.

What do you think - shall I stop taking babyaspirin if I get pregnant?

Thank you.

Puttenas

B. Jacobs, M. D. - April 10

Although there were a few unconfirmed comments by a few of my European colleagues that aspirin may increase the risk of miscarriage, I have seen no data to support the assertion. Adding the baby aspirin to you heparin regimen should not cause a bleeding problem.
Good luck.

Puttenas - April 11

Thak you so much for your answer dr. Jacobs. I will continue taking both.

Pia

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?