AVB3 Integrin/Endrometrial biopsy
1 Replies
Brenda - June 11

Hi Dr. Smith
Thank you for your prior response to my post regarding the endrometrial biopsy. I read your website on endrometrial biopsy.
let me review with you to see if about my understanding.
Although your progesterone readings may be adequate in the sense they are in the correct range, those readings do not measure or the avb3 integrin adhesion molecule that may be missing. It is only by having the assay performed that measures the 3 adhesion molecules in the endrometrium lining and the most important molecule in implantation is the avb 3 integrin molecule.

have studies been performed that suggests when this molecule is missing, it increases miscarriages and decreases successful implantation and therefor positive pregnancy outcomes?

Believe me, ;), I will have further questions in this regard.
thanks again for being so informative and leading me to resources to help me and aid me in understanding my potential infertility conditions. It seems I have definitely lacked that in my two experiences with two separate RE care or lack of care which ever the case.

again thank you for your insightful responses, they are greatly appreciated.

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - June 11

The testing of the tissue from the biopsy only tests for 1 adhesion molecule, the alpha five beta 3 integrin. I have not seen any report related to miscarriage. This molecule seems to be important for the initial attachment of the embryo to the endometrium.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?