Anyone know if Aetna Insur. covers RE
3 Replies
Jen1983 - January 7

I am very very new to this. ???I am 22 years old and me and my Fiance have been TTC for two years now. I was on the depo provera shot for six years and have been off of it for three. I always thought getting pregnant was easy. I have had my tubes checked and they are not blocked. My fiance has had a his semen checked and everything is okay. My OB wants to put me on Clomid but after finding this site it does seem like the best idea. I was wondering if anyone knows if aetna covers any RE and if anyone has any recommendations of one in the Pittsburgh PA area, or the Wheeling WV area. ???

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - January 7

I cannot think of the na,e of an RE in Pittsburgh, who I know well enough to recommend. Dr. Ben Gocial in Philadelphia is quite good, And I assume he is in network with Aetna. Remember, unless your policy is an HMO, you do have out of network benefits.
Good luck.

Jen1983 - January 8

So if my insurance cover visits to the RE what are the procedures that are not commonly covered by most insurances? My GYN has done the HSG and it came back great no blockage, what tests should be next?

Thanks for all your help
Jen

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - January 8

I can only tell you about a couple of states. In Texas, all insurance carriers are required to offer coverage for all infertility services as riders to group policies. The law does not require that any employer by the coverage. It is a real crazy quilt. A few states require coverage. The answer to your question depends on where you live, and who is your employer.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?