Antral follicle counts
1 Replies
TTC2long - November 6

Hi,
I'm just wondering the bearing of counting antral follicle counts before a IVF cycle? I'm getting ready to head into my 2nd IVF in December and for the past few cycles I've seen my RE on day 8 and he has been the one that looked at my ovaries and counted. I've had between 15/20 for the past three cycles with one being the more dominant follicle. What would this mean if I had been using fertility meds for a IVF cycle?

I'm 30 with a FSH of 5.7. My first IVF was pretty bad and I only had 3 eggs that weren't the best quality. I believe that cycle I had a antral count of 6 follicles.

Would a person with a great antral count of say 20 end up with 20 maturing follicles? Or does it really not matter at all and it just depends on how well you respond to the meds? Also does it matter what day? Is day 3 better?

Thank you,
Diane

Barry Jacobs, M> D. - November 6

Although antral follicle count is probably the best tool we have todayto estimate ovarian reserve, it is not a gurantor of response to stimulation. Modification of the previous protocol may provide a better outcome.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?