Antiphospholipid antibodies?
4 Replies
ChloeG - November 18

I just found out that the results of my APA panel was that one of them is abnormal. I don't know which one. I was told that I will need to take a baby aspirin a day once I start stimming for IVF. Is this the standard protocol? I also just found out that my mother was told during her 4th pregnancy that she has anti LEa and anti LEb antibodies. Is this something that I could have also? Do I need more testing?

Thank you!

Stacey

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - November 19

If you really do have one or more of the antibodies, which actually do increase risk of miscarriage, aspirin is not adequate. You will need to use Heparin. I am not familiar with the antibodies your mother was said to have.
Good luck.

ChloeG - November 28

I went to see my RE today and I was asking about taking heparin? I was told by his nurse that it is not necessary. How can I tell the doctor that from what I am learning is that heparin is used also without seeming like I don't think he knows what he is doing? My doctor is very successful and I have a lot of confidence in him. I just want to make sure that I have done everything I can to make this IVF successful.

Thank you

Stacey

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - November 29

Your answer at your physician's office came from a nurse, not your doctor. Apparently yo do have some concern about the replies you receive. I have provided you with the information in the literature and committee opinion. Please use it as you see fit.
Good luck.

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - December 8

I am afraid I do not know what you mean by "anti-leb".

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?