Another miscarriage?
9 Replies
ChloeG - January 3

I am currently pregnant after my 3rd IVF. My first was an ectopic and the second I miscarried at 5 1/2 weeks. I was tested for anticardiolipin antibodies and was told that 1 came back abnormal. The RE said that all I needed was baby aspirin. I asked him about heparin also and he said that I did not need it. This cycle was perfect since I had overstimmed the other 2 times. Everything was great until last Monday, I had a small amount of spotting. It stopped the same day and I was on bedrest. Then on Friday, I had a little bit more spotting and again it stopped right away. Today all was great, but this afternoon I had another instance of spotting. What does this mean? I called my RE on Monday and he still hasn't returned my call. I am very angry and upset that I could be losing yet another pregnacy!

My progesterone at 9dpo was 58. My hcg at 14dpo was 84. At 16dpo my hcg was 183 and progesterone 39. I don't understand why it would drop so much? I am taking 1.5cc of PIO and 200 mg prommetrium supp 3 times a day.

Is this pregnancy doomed?

Thank you!!!
Chloe

Barrry Jacobs, M. D. - January 3

The only one who can give you valid answers to your questions is your RE. I would not worry about spotting. It will be difficult, but wait and see what the ultrasound shows.
Good luck.

ChloeG - January 4

I went for an ultrasound today and the RE said that the sac is growing well and the yolk sac looked good. I also went for blood work to check my hcg and progesterone level. He said that it was too early to see a heart beat. I am 5 weeks 5 days. I am praying that this is little one will make it. Can I relax and take this as good news? I am going back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound.

Thank you!!

Chloe

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - January 5

It is too early to tell. I usually do ultrasound at 5 to 6 weeks after retrieval. You should be able to see the fetal heart at time.
Good luck.

ChloeG - January 5

I want to give you my lab results from yesterday. My hcg was 28,174 and my progesterone was 114. Yesterday was exactly 4 weeks since my egg retrieval. Are these good numbers?

Thank you

Chloe

meesa - January 5

Hi I am 22 and I found out yesterday that my friend just miscarried. She lives in phonex and I live in Las Vegas. I have never been pregnent and I really don't know what to do to help her and her family out. My parents thought that maybe I should go down there and be some what of the strong person help her and her family forget about it for a min and just be there as a shoulder to cry on. I don't know what to do please help

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - January 6

Certainly support from family and friends is valuable and important. Don't forget her husband. He is grieving, too, but has to remain strong for his wife. They would both benefit from seeing a professional for grief counselling. My best wishes to your friend at this terrible time in her life.

ChloeG - January 6

Dr Jacobs,

Could you please review my lab reults that I posted in reply#4.

Thank you!!

Chloe

ChloeG - January 6

Dr Jacobs,

Please review my lab work results that I posted in reply#4. I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you

Chloe

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - January 6

Your progesterone is great. There is such a huge range of what is normal hCG that a single point is meaninglesss. You want to have a doubling of hCG in any 48 hour period during the first 8 weeks of pregnancy.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?