Advice for post failed donor egg cycle
0 Replies
Brenda - May 24

Hi Dr. Smith
We recently underwent a donor egg cycle. Our donor hyperstimulated. there were 18 eggs retrieved and 4 were immature and 4 did not fertilize. Icsi was utilized and the sperm used had been frozen. My dh had a sperm chromatin issue and we overcame the issue and froze a sample.

Our donor in a prior cycle supposedly had good eggs however no pregnancy bc the recipient couple, the woman had severe andeymosis and there was a severe male factor.

On day 3, we did the transfer and the embryos cell numbers were 8 however the grades were b, to b-. All we know is what the embryologist told us and that there was an egg issue. Our clinic grades embryos as a, b+, b, b-. 7 of the embryos were a b- rated embryos.

We transferred only 2 b rated embryos and we got a bfn.

Can you tell me how the lab will know when to take a embryo to blastocysts? Do only grade a, and b+ get developed to blast and does it depend on the clevage time of the embryos? how fast they are dividing?

We have our consult in a week and we are devasted to say the least. We paid CCRM prices at our clinic and we were expecting much better results. We paid over 25,000 for these embryos and in my opinion they are less than desirable.
the ones sitting in the freezer are 8b and the rest are 6b-,

in unthawing the embryos will we lose some grade of the embryos.

also is there any chance these embryos will unthaw and go onto blastocsysts?

thanks for any advice. We are thinking if we do proceed with these embryos would it be appropriate to start unthawing them all and putting back three, instead of the 2 bc of the poor grade?

any insights would be truly appreciated.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?