Advice
1 Replies
Sarah - September 22

Hi Dr. Jacobs.

I am in need of some advice. As you know my fourth IUI failed, and I am currently on day 4. Yesterday, I was in to get ultrasounds, blood work and meds. When talking to one of the RE's I explained to them my concern about how long this is taking but mostly my want to up the medication and try something more aggressive. She still REFUSES to give me anything more than 5mg of Letrozole (day 3-7) and 50ul of Follistim once a day starting on day 7 for three days. The last time I only had two follicles and nothing happened. All my levels are normal and they keep saying I have Great cycles. But I don’t know what to do, I'm 24 and they suspect PCO and that is why they refuse to give me more FSH. In your professional opinion do you think they are doing this for my own good or does this warrant another opinion? Also they say that if this protocol of only stimulating 1-2 follicles does not work by the next two cycles that we could consider IVF. But I don’t see how that is if they aren’t even stimulating more than two eggs and don’t want to try to get more before taking such drastic measures.

Thanks for any advice,

Sarah

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - September 23

Personally, I would even encourage my own patients to seek a second opinion, if they were not comfortable with my suggestions. Please, also note, there are several reports in the professional literature which contaibn data demonstrating that if a given treatment protocol does not work in 3 to 4 cycles, it probably will not produce a pregnancy.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?