7 IVF's!!
4 Replies
At Wit\'s End - September 23

I recently completed my 7th IVF cycle with PGD. I've gotten pregnant four times with these cycles but miscarried all of them...two right away, one at 4 1/2 weeks, and the cycle I just completed miscarried at 5 1/2 weeks. We did PGD with this cycle and had one supposedly "normal" embryo that was put back. It stopped growing at 5 1/2 weeks. We did a D&C and they tried to test other chromosomes but were unable. They were able to retest the original 11 (I believe that's how many) to make sure the embryo was actually normal and that came back fine. We're not ready to give up yet b/c we have actually gotten pregnant. We'll be doing our 8th IVF cycle in November. Any advice you can give? Why would my "normal" embryo miscarry? Is this worth continuing at this point? Thanks so much for any advice!

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - September 23

The risk of miscarriage increases with the age of the eggs, because of an abnormal number of chromosomes. There are other reasons for miscarriage. I invite you to see the information I have provided about recurrent pregnancy loss on our web page, <www.texasfertility.com>.
Good luck.

Cindy - September 23

You can try and visit Dr.Jacobs web-site and his clinic, as well. But before you do that there is an interesting statistics about success rates of all fertility clinics in Texas.
http://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/ART2002
/clinlist02.asp?State=TX

Good
luck
:-\

justme - September 24

These statistics are three years old and seem irrellevant today. Is there anything more applicable out there about more current stats?

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - September 24

For a number of years, the government has required annual reporting of the data that the government wanted reported, for public consumption. Until this year, SART has had the government contract to do that, and could not obtain or publish other data. This tear, a commercial organization has won the contract. SART will be collecting data from most of its members, and transmit the data required by the government to the commercial entity for government publication. I d not know if SART data will be made public, or if it will be more contemporary, if the public does have access. For now, the public can only rely on obsolete data. even among ourselves, sometimes it is hard to know what is accurate.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?