3rd IUI
1 Replies
hopenpray - March 30

Hi,
I am 25 y.o., healthy, 5'7", 125 lb. woman who has been dx with PCOS. The only sx I have are failure to get pregnant after 1 & 1/2 years and cysts on ovaries. I have been on clomid for 14 months, & my periods have been like clockwork....a 31 day cycle. I have had 3 IUIs (the last one was on Friday). I had 2 follicles that were >2 cm on each IUI. My Dr. says that he would not do HSG until after 4 failed IUIs, b/c he "just doesn't think I have a blkg." Each month, I feel ovulation pain on day 16 or 17, so I have requested to do the IUI on day 16, but they make me start coming on day 12 to check my follicles, which have always been big enough by then. This time, we did the IUI on day 15, b/c I could not come for U/s til day 14. Dr says it doesn't matter that I normally ovulate later b/c the hcg shot should trigger the egg to release. I am just worried that we are doing it too early. I am also concerned about a possible blkg, b/c I have failed to become pregnant. If there are no blkgs, should I continue doing IUIs or go straight to IVF?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - March 31

Please read the information I have provided on our web page, <www.texasfertility.com>. I think I have answered all your questions there. Also please note that if a given treatment protocol does not work in 3 to 4 cycles, it probably will not. I do not know if you need IVF. I would have to evaluate you, as a couple, first.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?