2nd Failed IVF
1 Replies
corbella - May 17

Hi Dr.Jacobs,

We have just completed our 2nd failed IVF April/2005. For this cycle I was on FSH & LH. 21 day Lupron, Puregon, & Repronex. Stimmed for 10 days.
Retrieved 9 Eggs, 8 Mature, 6 Fertilized. Day 3 results:
1 Morula, 2-8cell (grade 1 & 2), 2-6cell (grade 2&3) and 1-4cell (grade 1) Grade 1 being the best.
Day 5- 1 Blast & 1 Morula, the rest did not go on. BFN

First cycle, Nov/2004. Pure FSH. 21 day Lupron & Puregon. Stimmed 7 days. Retrieved 10 Eggs, 7 mature, 6 fertilized but 2 eggs allowed too much sperm in (polyspermia) so from 4 Eggs, Day 3: 2-8cell, 1-6cell, & 1-5cell. Day 5: 1 Blast & 1 Morula. The rest did not go on.BFN.

My DR thinks I have an Egg Quality Issue. DNA of hubby sperm last year was good. I have a cyst on my cervix which makes the transfer tricky (causes an "s" shape). On my first cycle my DR removed a polyp from my cervix right after the transfer. Did that have any impact on our BFN? I have 2 fibroids at the back of my uterus, will they have an effect on implantation? If we were to do a 3rd IVF, What drug protocol would you recommend for us? I've read about the short or flared cycles being successful (antegon, puregon, orgalutron,sp?)
I'm 32 yrs old & hubby 28. Any suggestions and guidance is greatly appreciated! Thank You!

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - May 17

I have no way of second guessing your RE when it comes to what is the best stimulation protocol for you. If you are losing embryos between days 3 and 5, it may be a lab issue, or it could be a sperm problem. Genes from the sperm do not play a role in embryonic growth and developement until after day 3.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?