1st ultrasound - concerned
3 Replies
PinkGirl78 - May 18

Dr. Jacobs,
I had my 1st u/s at 5 weeks 6 days. This was my 2nd cycle of IVF. I don't have tubes due to an ectopic and hydro last year. My betas were 74 at 11dp3dt, 210 14dp3dt, 395 16dp3dt and 924 18dp3dt. We saw a gestational sac and a yolk sac but the RE said it was measuring 2 to 3 days behind. I will add that I do have a tilted uterus (if that matters). We are doing another u/s next week when I will be 6 weeks 6 days. Do you think it is too early to tell if this is a viable pregnancy? I appreciate your help. ???

- Jen

B. Jacobs, M. D. - May 18

At 6 6/7 weeks pregnant, (4 6/7 weeks after retrieval), you should be able to see a fetal pole and heart beat.
Good luck.

PinkGirl78 - May 19

My question was specific to measuring behind at 5 weeks and 6 days. Is it possible
this was an error? Is it normal to measure behind this early? It 2-3 days behind a reason to be concerned at this point?

Thanks,
Jen

B. Jacobs, M. D. - May 20

The ultras ound measurements are plus or minus 2 to 3 days, depending on the gestational age and the machine. If you have another measurement, the important issue is apprpriate interval growth.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?