1 Egg!!
1 Replies
stars - April 18

I only got 1 egg from 4 follicles recently. i currently am in the 2 week wait with a grade 1 embryo and hoping. What I want to know is why 1 egg. I was on gonal f (300 daily) and the pill and prostap to down regulate 96 weeks). My fsh was 3.9 and a year later rose to 8.7. my clinic said 12.5 is the limit and that was high for them so I was still good. How can I then be a poor responder with good readings of hormones?? How can I have my ovarian reserve checked too? If this treatment doesnt work we want to do ICSI again but am now worried if I only have few eggs.

Could you please answer these for me. By the way I was on orlistat and reductil for a year before treatment to get my weight down, which i did, I have since heard that orlistat gets rid of fat in the body and this could potentially alter my fsh ( as the body needs fat to make hormones) Please give me your opinions. Many thanks Stars xx

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - April 18

Since I have not evaluated you, and did not follow your stimulation, I have no way of answering your questions. You really do need to get your questions answered by your RE.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?