Varicocelectomy decision versus going for ICSI
1 Replies
fishmjo - October 11

My husband is 46 has Grade I Left Varicocele, DFI=37%, 9% morph, 43% motility, & high sperm count.

I am 34 slightly elevated FSH; Comid Challenge Day 3=14 & Day10=8. 1 failed IUI with 2 mature follicles.

Is it worth trying an IVF w/ ICSI prior to varicocelectomy? RE says up to us if want to do round of IVF or wait. We need advice on if to weigh waiting 6-9 months post husband surgery versus my eggs getting older. Read Greade I do not see that much improvement, thus wondering if should go for it. Insurance covers 4 IVFs in lifetime.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

 

Dr Smith - October 12

Forget varicocele repair and go straight to IVF. It is unlikely that you will see any significant improvement following a varicocelectomy of a Grade 1 (very small) varicocele. For what its worth, I think its a waste of time and money. Bang for the buck: straight to IVF.

 

Message:


You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.




Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Sign Up Here!


Already a member?
Please login below.





Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Ask a Question