IVF after 3 failed cycles
0 Replies
cjk - April 20

Hi, I am new to this but could really use some advise. Starting from the beginning...7 years ago we did IVF and had "perfect" results. We put 2 perfect embryos in and got 2 perfect babies:) A year later we conceived naturally and had our little boy. So here we are with 3 little ones. I am very happy for our 3, but do not feel complete. 2 years ago we decided to try for #4. That is why I need advise. In July we started with IVF again. Cycle #1 we were so overly confident that we would get pregnant we only put 1 embryo back. The cycle didn't go the greatest but at day 5 we still had 3 left. Of course this was a failed cycle. After this failed we went back to our IVF Dr's that we were with when we had our twins 7 years ago. Cycle #2... I was on Follistim, ganirelix, with a lupron trigger. They retrieved 22 eggs...only 12 fertilized and by day 5 there were only 3 left which didn't grade out well- we transfered 2...another failed cycle. Cycle #3...I was on Follistim, Luveris, and ganirelix with a Lupron trigger. They retrieved 24 eggs and 14 fertilized...we decided to do a Day 3 transfer and transfered the 4 that were remaining.
So not sure what to do now. Our Dr. says of course my chances are pretty low at this point. She said she would of course change my protocol. It is so hard to stop. My gut says 1 more try, but its a lot of $ so I need to be realistic.
Any advice would be great....Thanks, CJK

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?