Aromatherapy can help increase your odds of getting pregnant . Aromatherapy has been used for years for its numerous benefits. Some benefits include improving your chances of conceiving, by increasing your reproductive health and reducing stress.
When trying to conceive, aromatherapy can prove beneficial in two ways. Firstly, it can help regulate your menstrual cycle and strengthen your reproductive system. And secondly, aromatherapy can relieve the stress caused by trying to get pregnant, work, and other daily activities. One fun fact to note with aromatherapy is that it can work as a getting pregnant aphrodisiac for you and your partner.
Before discussing the techniques of aromatherapy, let's take a look at what is aromatherapy. Aromatherapy is a form of alternative medicine that uses scents to treat discomforts, such as mild pain, tension and stress. Aromatherapy is normally used at homes, clinics and hospital for variety of purposes, such as aiding in conception, soothing labor pain, reducing the pain caused by the side effects of chemotherapy in cancer, cardiac and rehabilitation patients.
What Are Essentials Oils?
Botanical oils such as rose, lavender, peppermint and lemon are normally used in aromatherapy. These scents, when inhaled, stimulate the olfactory nerves, which in turn massages the brain and the nervous system and alleviates pain, anxiety, and depression.
The majority of the oils used in aromatherapy are extracted from plants, trees, fruits, and flowers. In total, about 150 essential oils are available for use, each containing their own therapeutic and antiseptic properties. It's important to note synthetic oils do not work for the purpose of aromatherapy. In order to get the most out of aromatherapy the essential oils, should be natural, pure and raw.
Due to the concentrated nature of essential oils, you should avoid applying it directly on your skin. Instead try the following methods:
- Massage: dilute the essential oil in a base like grape seed oil or almond oil and use it during massages. Massages are a great getting pregnant aphrodisiac and a way to relax and have fun.
- Oil Burner: place 3 to 4 drops of essential oils in candle-heated container holding water. Allow the aromas to infiltrate the air and work its magic.
- Baths: 5 to 10 drops of essential oil to a warm bath. If you're sensitive to essential oils try diluting it in some base before adding it to your bath. Baths with essential oils are a refreshing way to lower your stress and anxiety.
What Essential Oils Improve Fertility?
The following essential oils are known to be the most beneficial to the reproductive system of women trying to conceive:
- Rose: experts recommend rose while trying to get pregnant to regulate the reproductive system.
- Geranium: is a soothing oil that's said to contain estrogenic properties that treat hormonal imbalances. Geranium can be combined with rose nicely.
- Melissa (also known as Balm): helps soothe menstrual irregularities, and can improve your overall mood with its relaxing properties.
- Chamomile: is very soothing, and works well to relieve pain associated with menstrual problems.
- Relaxing Oils: these include jasmine and lavender and other oils that work to increase your libido and calm your nerves.